If your pressure switch on your Escaping Outdoors 12v FL water pump has failed inside of two years then chances are your set up is not well matched. The Escaping Outdoors 12v FL water pump range do not have an internal return valve like the Shurflo and the Jabsco pumps, which makes them a much cheaper alternative to buy, but you do need to pay more attention to their set up. You can double check your setup following our guide of how to set up a 12v water pump system or a coffee cart or food van. In most cases the easiest solution will be to add a accumulator tank or pressure tank. You will find further instruction on whether you need an accumulator tank or pressure tank in our list of FAQ's.
Possible problems which can lead to a pressure switch failure
Check the following to see what applies to your set up:
- Is your Escaping Outdoors 12v FL water pump cycling frequently or did your pressure switch fail early? Answer - Try to adjust the pressure of your pressure switch following our instructions.
- Is your Hot Water Service pressure (PSI) lower than the pressure (PSI) on your pumps pressure switch? Answer - You can purchase a new pressure switch to match your Hot Water Services pressure (PSI).
- Do you have a water filter installed before or after the FL pump? Answer - Install the filter after the pump and add a pressure tank or accumulator tank to your system. You can also look at our guide as to whether you need a pressure tank or accumulator tank.
- Did the Escaping Outdoors FL pump run noisily especially when the tap was not turned on hard? Answer - The FL pump flow is too great. Add an accumulator tank after the FL pump. You can also look at our guide whether you need a pressure tank or accumulator tank.
- Was the water pulsing as it came out of the tap or was the FL pump 'jumping' as it ran? Answer - The FL pump flow is too great. Add an accumulator tank after the FL pump. You can also look at our guide whether you need a pressure tank or accumulator tank.
Further trouble shooting to ensure your setup and pressure switch are right
If the answer was yes to any of the questions above then you will need to adjust your set up or you will have the same problem again. If you did not find an answer to your problem with your pressure switch feel free to contact us for more support. Please check the answers supplied above or call us on 1300 411 366 for more individualised support.
We welcome your enquiry
Check out our full range of Water Pumps Online